Expert Installation or DIY, We’re Here To Help.
ENQUIP can install your oil/water separator for you, offering full turnkey service performed by experts. Contact us today for custom installation and peace of mind. If you prefer to install your own system, click here for diagrams of proper installation of underground oil and water tank installation and read the
installation checklist below.
Oil/Water Separator Tank Installation Checklist.
- Examine vessel upon delivery for shipping damage or missing parts. Loss or damages reported to driver or to factory.
- Unload separator and inspect coating system for damage. If any damage is detected, notify the driver immediately and ENQUIP so that liability issues can be resolved at that time.
- Some scrapes and abrasions during shipment are inevitable. For that reason, the vessel is supplied with a gallon of touch-up coating. Clean the affected areas with a suitable solvent or mineral spirits, dry thoroughly and apply coating with a brush or roller allowing sufficient drying time before installation.
- The vessel must be cleaned and free from dirt, welding slag, oil and other foreign material before installation. The equipment is shipped from the factory clean of foreign matter and water. Please maintain this condition when installing and prior to start up. Retain plugs in all openings until unit is ready for piping.
- Excavate to provide adequate clearance, 18” minimum, around the unit to insure a safe working environment consistent with soil condition.
Vessels Mounted on Concrete Slab
- Locate vessel between rows of anchor bolts (provided by ENQUIP). Locate tie down straps according to detail drawing in catalogue.
- Bed and level vessel according to installation procedures.
- Insure that insulation material is situated beneath each strap.
Vessels to be Mounted on a Compressed Sand Base
- Bottom of excavation should be level and deep enough for 6” compacted sand cushion under the support skids. Spread sand and compact with vibrator to provide a firm level base.
- Establish proper bottom hole elevations before setting the separator.
- If soil anchors are used, insure the size and number are adequate for the total buoyancy of the tank.
- If a concrete slab, driveway or runway is to serve as a hold down mass, proper isolation of the vessel from the slab is required.
- Traffic rated covers over vessel man ways must be used in all cases.
- Set vessel. Check elevations at each end of the separator with a transit and adjust as necessary to 2” in 20’. Check the elevations across the diameter of the separator using the reference angle welded to the tank shell between the two center man ways.
- Anodes, reference cell and test station to be installed in accordance with instructions under.
Cathodic Protection Systems: Refer to download hookup schematic and other information